For this assignment, you will analyze a well-known and widely debated incident where policing style played a factor. You will need to do basic research on the Branch Davidian Standoff, which took place in Waco, Texas, in 1993. Then, analyze the case according to the instructions below.
1) Provide a historical overview of the facts of the Branch Davidian Standoff.
2) Analyze the factor of police negotiation during the siege.
3) Explain how non-law-enforcement personnel (e.g., compound residents, media) impacted the efforts of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to end the siege.
4) Discuss how, in retrospect, the siege could have been handled differently by the FBI and ATF agencies to produce a different result.
5) Imagine if a similar incident took place today. Discuss how changing police styles enables law enforcement to adapt to changes in society.
You must use at least three credible sources to support your case study. All sources used must be properly cited. Your case study should present an insightful and thorough analysis, contain a strong argument and evidence, and show correlation to concepts learned in this unit.
Your case study must be a minimum of three pages in length, not counting the title page and references page. Your case study, including all references, should be formatted in APA Style.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.