For this assignment, you will present a policy proposal in the form of a brief 2-3-minute video testimony to a relevant legislative body. For example, if the policy you propose is national, your testimony will be ddressed to Congress. If it is a proposal for a change in state law, your testimony will be addressed to your state legislature. If it is a local school policy change, it will be addressed to your local school board.
Jansson, B. S. (2018). Becoming an effective policy advocate: From policy practice to social justice (8th ed.). Belmont, CA: Thompson Brooks/Cole.
LEGISLATIVE TESTIMONY ASSIGNMENT (30 points)
For this assignment, you will present a policy proposal in the form of a brief 2-3-minute
video testimony to a relevant legislative body. For example, if the policy you propose is
national, your testimony will be addressed to Congress. If it is a proposal for a change in
state law, your testimony will be addressed to your state legislature. If it is a local school
policy change, it will be addressed to your local school board.
You will use Kaltura to record your proposal. This is available on Moodle. Make
sure you are uploading to the assignment link in Moodle. Do not upload to the class.
Refer to Grok for assistance.
Before you develop your testimony, you should:
Have a general idea about what you want in your policy proposal
Determine who your audience is
Identify legislative body
Identify Committee where your proposal will be heard
Identify who is on the committee and their probable position on the issue. (Places
to look: political party, prior votes on similar proposals, their webpages or
Facebook pages, new paper articles.)
Your video testimony should:
Begin with your name, title of your policy proposal, name of the legislative body
and committee, your assessment of how many members of the target
audience are hostile, sympathetic, apathetic, and/or experts
Clearly specify a policy proposal (Jansson, Chapter 8)
Frame the proposal in a way that is convincing to your target audience
(Jansson, Chapter 9)
NOT be longer than 2-3 minutes. I will stop grading at the 3-minute mark.
Covered all points of assignment
• Provided a video of proposal
• Explained importance of proposal
• Knowledgeable about problem and policy
• Video was between 2-3 minutes long
Strongly presentation skills with little errors in video 5
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.