How do you write a blurb?
A blurb is a response to literature incorporating specific passages or lines from literary works and citing those pages or lines.
1. For this assignment, you will read the following poems by Robert Frost and Carl Sanburg.
“The Road Not Taken”
2. Consider how Frost's poems focus more on nature in a pastoral setting and Sandburg's poems focus on nature in a city setting. Write a blurb that explains how each poet accomplishes the use of nature in the different settings while staying within the confines of the characteristic of literature written from 1914-1945.
3. Keep in mind, the blurb can be no longer than one page, double spaced, 12 font, no heading on the page.
Writing a Literary Blurb
What is a literary blurb? A literary blurb is a
brief insight into a piece of literature based on the reader’s
view. A reader writes about one particular aspect of a piece
of literature. That particular aspect may include why the
author used so much imagery or why did the author use the
contrast of light and dark imagery to write a particular story
or poem or what is the impact of the author’s use of diction
(word choice) to write a story or a poem or what is the
impact of the author using one character in contrast (foil) to
another character. The ideas of what could be included in a
blurb could go on and on.
Length of the literary blurb: The length of the
literary blurb for this class is always one page. One page is
the maximum and minimum length. In other words, the blurb
will not be shorter than one page and will not exceed the
length of one page.
What is the structure of the blurb: The blurb
consists of a main idea that is introduced immediately. To
support the point the reader is trying to make in the blurb,
the reader must use examples from the story or the poem
and cite those examples by including book numbers, page
numbers and line numbers where applicable. Cited
examples should reflect that the student has read the entire
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.