Please, reply to the attached post. Your responses should be in a well-developed paragraph (350-500 words), and they should include evidence-based research to support your statements using proper citations and APA format!!!
Note: Answer the TWO questions; also you may add new informative content regarding to their topic that is validated via citations.
Background: I am currently enrolled in the Psych Mental Health Practitioner Program, I am a Registered Nurse, I work in a Psychiatric Hospital.
POST # 1
PLEASE, ANSWER THE FOLLOWING (2) QUESTIONS.
Your responses should be in a well-developed paragraph (350-500 words), and they should include evidence-based research to support your statements using proper citations and APA format!!!
1. When assessing an adolescent with bipolar disorder, what are some of the diagnostic and treatment challenges the clinician might face? 2. Identify one probable differential diagnosis for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder in the child and adolescent population? Also include some assessment findings and the pertinent positives and negatives that make this a differential diagnosis.
Mood Disorders (Bipolar Spectrum) in children and adolescents Introduction
In this group facilitated discussion we will examine Mood disorders (Bipolar spectrum) in children and adolescents. While irritable, depressed, and moody feelings are not uncommon at times in children and adolescents, extremes of emotions can be associated with mood disorders. Mood disorders can encompass Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, and Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder (DMDD). We will concentrate on the Bipolar spectrum for this discussion. Bipolar can be associated with depressive symptoms, hypomania, manic, or mixed symptomatology. Bipolar can affect each person differently. FDA-approved treatments for children and adolescents with mood disorders are limited. Please look at the evidence-based recent information and choose a discussion prompt. Resources: Here are 5 professional articles on some of the latest evidence-based best practices on Bipolar Disorder in children and adolescents for your review. 1. Abrams, Z. (2020, October 1). Treating bipolar disorder in kids and teens. American Psychological Association, 51(7). Retrieved June 20, 2021, from https://www.apa.org/monitor/2020/10/ce-corner-bipolar 2. Alexson, D. (2021, April 7). Pediatric bipolar disorder: Overview of choosing treatment. UpToDate. Retrieved June 19, 2021, from https://www.uptodate.com/contents/pediatric-bipolar-disorder-overview-of-choosing-treatment?search=bipolar%20and%20children&source=search_result&selectedTitle=1~150&usage_type=default&display_rank=1 3. Birmaher, B. (2020, June 11). Bipolar disorder in children and adolescents: Assessment and diagnosis. UpToDate. Retrieved June 19, 2021, from https://www.uptodate.com/contents/bipolar-disorder-in-children-and-adolescents-assessment-and-diagnosis?search=bipolar%20and%20children&source=search_result&selectedTitle=3~150&usage_type=default&display_rank=3 4. Vieta, E., Salagre, E., Grande, I., Carvalho, A. F., Fernandes, B. S., Berk, M., Birmaher, B., Tohen, M., & Suppes, T. (2018). Early intervention in bipolar disorder. The American Journal of Psychiatry, 175(5), 411-426. https://doi.org/10.1176/appi.ajp.2017.17090972 5. Wagner, K. D. (2018, August 28). Treatment of bipolar in children and adolescents. Psychiatric Times. Retrieved June 20, 2021, https://www.psychiatrictimes.com/view/treatment-bipolar-depression-children-and-adolescents
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.