You have been recently promoted to lead a new division of Company XYZ. This company is known for its team-oriented atmosphere, and your boss has raved about some of your natural leadership qualities. Your first task is to assemble the best team possible from the potential candidates found below. An explanation of the skills–motivation matrix can be found on p. 39 in your textbook. Read each description, and provide the following information in a minimum three-page double-spaced document (not including the title and references pages):
Motivation (1= high skills, low motivation; 2= low skills, low motivation; 3 = high skills, high motivation, 4 = low skills, high motivation) Directions: You have been recently promoted to lead a new division of Company XYZ. This company is known for its team-oriented atmosphere, and your boss has raved about some of your natural leadership qualities. Your first task is to assemble the best team possible from the potential candidates listed below. An explanation of the skills motivation matrix can be found on p. 39 in your textbook. Read each description, and provide the following information in a two- to three- page document:
1. Classify each team member into one of the four matrix areas. 2. Discuss the recommended action for each employee depending on his/her classification. 3. Distinguish if your role as the leader will be a facilitator, coach, or a combination of the
two. 4. Examine which team competencies would benefit from shared leadership.
Alice Alice has been a great asset since joining Company XYZ. She is responsible for improving some of the old processes and is involved in many training initiatives due to her extensive knowledge and skills. Alice consistently provides great results and strives to do her best.
Bill Bill has shown that he will do whatever it takes to contribute to the team, and he often goes the extra mile when given a task. However, the result is not always up to par due to some lagging skills.
Chris Chris has not displayed much drive, and his skills have been questioned by other members of Company XYZ. Although other team members have questioned his skills, he gets along well with everyone.
Doug Doug is a member of three committees and is always eager to learn. He has only been with the company for a year, and he believed that joining a few committees would give him a chance to learn more. He has shown some improvement, but he could use more training in some key areas.
Erica Erica has displayed that she has what it takes to contribute to the team, but her results have declined lately. Her skills have never been questioned by anyone, but her willingness to perform at a high level has been questioned.
Lisa , and many employees view her as a natural leader. She is always willing to learn a new task and usually masters the task in a very short period.
Printed by: [email protected] Printing is for personal, private use only. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted without publisher's prior permission. Violators will be prosecuted.
– Pages – https://print.vitalsource.com/requests/Fob5iov3wqvi_1AAAl5C/claim?b…
1 of 1 6/9/2021, 12:18 PM
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.