Review the "General Appraisal Overview for All Studies," available in Appendix B in the textbook. You should save this tool and use it throughout the development of the PICOT question, problem description, and literature review.
Begin the development of your PICOT question, using the following resources:
1. "Appendix A: Template for Asking Clinical Questions," available in the textbook appendix
2. Text readings
Formulate your PICOT question and post it to the main forum. Respond to at least four other statements, providing feedback. Review the statements to see if the clinical issue is clearly defined and that all aspects are identified. Also refer to the "PICOT: Components of an Answerable, Searchable Question" table, located in chapter 2 of the text. If one PICOT statement has at least three feedback posts, move to another statement.
You will be using the feedback to make revisions to your PICOT question before using it in your "Section B: Problem Description" assignment.
Here is something to think about.
· Population/ Patient Problem: Who is your patient? (Disease or Health status, age, race, sex)
· Intervention: What do you plan to do for the patient? (Specific tests, therapies, medications)
· Comparison: What is the alternative to your plan? (ie. No treatment, different type of treatment, etc.)
· Outcome: What outcome do you seek? (Less symptoms, no symptoms, full health, etc.)
· Time: What is the time frame? (This element is not always included.)
For________ (P) does the use of ______ (I) reduce the future risk of ________ (O) compared with _________ (C)?
In acute care cancer patients, does the use of scheduled pain medication regimes reduce the risk of uncontrolled pain compared with non-scheduled pain medication regimes.
What strategies will you use in your new practice as an advance practice nurse to review and critique literature pertinent to your practice?
As a Christian nurse will you focus on one particular genre of literature more than others. or will you be looking at specific topics related to your practice.
1. Evidence-Based Practice Resources on the World Wide Web
Read "Evidence-Based Practice Resources on the World Wide Web," by Stevens, from the Academic Center for Evidence Based Practice, located on the Wayback Machine archive website.
1. Evidence-Based Nursing
Access "Evidence-Based Nursing." Use all issues of the journal to further explore your individual PICOT topic.
2. Joanna Briggs Institute EBP Database
Use the Joanna Briggs Institute EBP Database to search for EBP resources related to your capstone project.
1. Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine
Explore the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine (CEBM) website.
2. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews
Access the full text of "Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews," located on The Cochrane Library website.
3. Cochrane Library Database
Explore the Chochrane Library Database.
4. Guide to Clinical Preventive Services
Explore the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality website. Be sure to access the "Guide to Clinical Preventive Services," located on the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality website.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.