1) Review Quantitative and Qualitative Methods in Chapter 1 and Chapter 8, survey research. Briefly, discuss the use of survey research in exploratory, descriptive, explanatory, and evaluation studies. Using a criminal justice example select one type of research study and develop one research question that you might use in a research proposal.
*.*Use the GCU Library for sources (https://library.gcu.edu/
***Bachman, R. D., & Schutt, R. K. (2018). The practice of research in criminology and criminal justice (7th ed.). SAGE Publications.
The DQ response must be at least 200 words and should have at least one reference in APA format
2) Write a 100-word response to each student in first person as if you were writing it to the students. Talk about how you agree with their ideas and add your own thoughts. Make sure it's respectful.
Survey research, according to Bachman and Schutt (2020), is one of the most popular methods for science research that involves collecting information from a sample of individuals utilizing the responses to a set of questions. They state that this method of research is popular and used by many due to it being a low cost, efficient way to collect data from a large spectrum of people. The use of survey research can be used in a variety of studies to include exploratory, descriptive, explanatory, and evaluation studies. Exploratory studies can be used to investigate or explore a phenomenon to uncover more details without any expectations (Bachman & Schutt, 2020). The goal of these studies is to get a better understanding of the problem that exists, and surveys can contribute to this by obtaining information from a large amount of people at once. Descriptive studies are used when the goal is to define and describe the phenomena that is in question (Bachman & Schutt, 2020). This type of research typically looks for what, when, and how to the questions that are being asked. Surveys that aim to obtain this information will have questions designed to obtain this information. Explanatory studies aim to either identify the cause or effect of the social phenomena being researched (Bachman & Schutt, 2020). Studies that are categorized as explanatory seek to explain why the social phenomena works in the way that it does. Evaluation studies consider the effects of implemented social programs or interventions (Bachman & Schutt, 2020). These studies typically view change and can evaluate if programs are working or if there are ways that they can be improved.
The question I would use in a research proposal is: What affect does technology, such as cell phones and social media, have on the likelihood of becoming a juvenile offender?
Bachman, R. D., & Schutt, R. K. (2020). The practice of research in criminology and criminal justice (7th ed.). Los Angeles, CA: Sage. ISBN-13: 978154433912
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.