Select one of these ethical dilemmas. There is a lot of information on the internet about each of them.
your PowerPoint Presentation will be on your selected case and you will need to address:
At a minimum, you will want the following topics included (some may be more than 1 slide):
Worksheet for Ethical Decision-Making Framework
Introduction: Cite the case that you are using. Describe the situation and the ethical dilemma
1. What patient situation are you researching? Please describe and discuss the individual and the situation.
2. Identify and discuss the ethical dilemma in this case (ie, withholding, withdrawing, assisted suicide, etc.)
Step 1: Identify ethical issues
Identify and discuss the ethical issue(s) involved with this situation (based on 7 ethical/universal principles); other ethical issues?
Step 2: Gather the facts
What are the facts and circumstances? Are there any formal or informal opinions in the media or elsewhere? What are the legal ramifications? Has this issue been decided by the courts before or did it result in new legal direction/new laws?
Step 3: Consider at least two options to address dilemma
Process calls for at least 3 options but for this assignment, 2 are sufficient. With 2 options, they are generally polar opposites, such as to do x or not to do x; need to be credible
Step 4: Weigh and evaluate the potential options
Consider these possible alternatives by analyzing the ethical arguments for and against each action, as well as their possible outcomes.
Arguments for: Arguments against: Option 2:
Step 4a: Ethical Theory
What ethical theory (ie, duty oriented or utilitarianism) are you going to use to make the choice? Please discuss/describe the theory. Why are you using this theory?
Step 5: Decide and act. What is your decision and why?
Make your decision. Justify your rationale. Determine action.
Step 6: How would you assess outcomes
How would you, as the Ethics Committee, assess and evaluate both the process and outcomes of your ethical decision making in order to track creative solutions, unanticipated consequences, and overall satisfaction with the results of the plan of action by all of the parties involved?
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.