Service-Scape is the physical environment and ambiance in which a service is delivered. A hotel’s service-scape should both meet the needs of customers and provide a conducive environment for employees to deliver the desired services.
For this assignment, you will write a descriptive evaluation of your experience with the hotel property and service-scape.
Please see the attached guidelines for detailed instructions.
HOSP3012 Sustainable Hotel Support Operations Assignment Service-scape Evaluation
Note: This assignment was revised for Spring 2021 term due to COVID-19. The original assignment required a visit to a local hotel. Due to current restrictions, students will not visit a local hotel but will do the assignment “virtually” by visiting a hotel’s website.
To complete this assignment, select a hotel and visit the hotel’s website to review the information available including virtual tours, photos, videos, and descriptions available to you. Write a descriptive evaluation of your experience with the hotel property based on the “virtual site visit” and service-scape.
Your evaluation should address the following criteria:
1. Holistic environment. Describe your overall impression of the environment, based on the hotel’s layout, furnishings, and artefacts. Please include details that contributed to your overall impression.
2. Signs, symbols, and artefacts. Describe any logos and corporate livery, directional signage, or artefacts such as souvenirs or mementos. Describe the style of the décor, including any color schemes.
3. Overall impression. What is your overall impression of the hotel property and service-scape? Does your impression align with reviews of the same property that have been posted on TripAdvisor? Why or Why not? Include some reviews that you found in your research.
4. Photos. Include some photos that illustrate your observations about the hotel.
5. Work Cited
The following topics are not required for this report. These are only listed to provide the student with additional information related to areas that would be reviewed if they were doing an on-property site visit and observing all elements of the Service-Scape.
Ambient conditions. Describe the temperature and air quality, ambient noise and background music, lighting, odor, and any other sensory details you noticed about the ambient conditions in the hotel.
Social interactions. Describe your observations about how hotel employees interacted with customers. Also describe your observations about how hotel customers interacted with each other.
College of Online Education Johnson & Wales University
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.