Order instructions:300 words in the abstract.
I included the topic and guidelines in the attachment.
Below is a brief summary of my research:
Supporting prescribing in older patient with multimorbidity in primary care (SPPiRE) is a cluster randomised controlled trial that was designed to assess the effectiveness of a web guided medication review in reducing potentially inappropriate prescribing and polypharmacy in patients aged ≥ 65 years who are prescribed ≥ 15 medicines, in Irish primary care.
I suggest you review your EBM notes about randomised controlled trial design. This is a cluster randomised controlled trial, meaning groups or “clusters” are randomised together. This is done to avoid contamination, as the intervention is being delivered by GPs and it would be difficult for a GP to treat their own patients differently. Each GP practice is randomised as one
I also suggest you look up the CONSORT reporting requirements for randomised controlled trials.
Patients aged ≥ 65 years who are prescribed ≥ 15 medicines, in Irish primary care
Web guided medication review and professional training videos
Usual GP care
Primary outcome measure:
Number of repeat medicines
Proportion of patients with at least 1 PIP
Secondary outcome measures:
Health related quality of life
Multimorbidity treatment burden questionnaire
Patients attitudes to deprescribing
GP reported health care utilisation
I suggest that your literature review should be on medication review guidelines and the evidence for medication reviews.
Here is a recommended reading list for your literature review:
· https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28764753 (the trial’s protocol)
· https://www.icgp.ie/speck/properties/asset/asset.cfm?type=LibraryAsset&id=0329F12C%2D4355%2D4E18%2D8DC194DF812DB2E7&property=asset&revision=tip&disposition=inline&app=icgp&filename=Med%5FReview%5FQRG%2Epdf (Irish College of General Practitioners quick reference guide on medication reviews, this document will give an overview on what potentially inappropriate prescribing is, and why it is important to address).
· https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17630041 (review article on appropriate prescribing and polypharmacy in the elderly)
· https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27321600 (Systematic review on interventions to improve prescribing in the elderly)
· https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22500541 (review article on “deprescribing”)
I also suggest you look at the following clinical guidelines in addition to the ICGP medication review reference guide above:
SIGN Polypharmacy guidelines
NICE multimorbidity guidelines
NICE medication optimisation guidelines
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.