The purpose of a functional behavior assessment is to determine when, where, and why a student is engaging in challenging behaviors. Students may engage in challenging behaviors across various conditions, as behaviors may be adaptive or serve a communicative intent. Utilizing FBAs, teachers can test a hypothesis for the function of challenging behavior. Once the function of a challenging behavior is determined, teachers can put the necessary supports in place to ensure student success.
Create a digital graphic organizer explaining, in detail, the procedural steps involved in performing a functional behavior assessment.
Address the following:
· Identifying when an FBA would be conducted
· Identifying stakeholders and roles each stakeholder plays in the collaborative processes
· Types of collaborative data collected and interpreted from stakeholders regarding student behavior that has led to conducting an FBA in an ethical and professional manner
· Identifying and defining target behaviors
· Conducting collaborative behavioral assessments, including direct observation and indirect collection methods, and how the data can be used to make decisions about individuals with disabilities
· Conducting an FBA, including different types of assessment tools and an appropriate timeline
· Identifying next steps after an FBA is conducted
Support your graphic organizer with a minimum of three scholarly resources.
FBA Need, Stakeholders
The graphic organizer proficiently identifies when an FBA would be conducted and specific stakeholders, along with their roles in the collaborative process.
A quality description of what type of collaborative data is collected and interpreted from each stakeholder regarding student behavior is provided.
Target Behaviors and Behavioral Assessments
The graphic organizer expertly addresses identifying and defining target behaviors as well as conducting behavioral assessments including direct observations and indirect collection methods for making decisions for students with disabilities.
Conducting an FBA, Next Steps
The graphic organizer proficiently addresses conducting an FBA, extensively including the different types of assessment tools and an appropriate timeline. Graphic organizer expertly addresses identifying next steps after an FBA is conducted.
Documentation of Sources (citations, footnotes, references, bibliography, etc., as appropriate to assignment and style)
Sources are documented completely and correctly, as appropriate to assignment and style, and format is free of error.
The work is well presented. The overall appearance is neat and professional. Work would be highly desirable for public dissemination.
The product shows significant evidence of originality and inventiveness. The majority of the content and many of the ideas are fresh, original, inventive, and based upon logical conclusions and sound research.
Mechanics of Writing (includes spelling, punctuation, grammar, language use)
Submission is virtually free of mechanical errors. Word choice reflects well-developed use of practice and content-related language. Sentence structures are varied and engaging.
Total Percentage 100
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.