I'm working on a entrepreneurship case study and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Amazon and eBay
Online marketplace is an e-commerce site that links sellers with buyers. Online Amazon, eBay, and Craigslist are the examples of E-Market places. Companies utilize online marketplaces to connect with customers who want to purchase their products and services. Amazon and eBay were among the first e-marketplaces.
Amazon and eBay are two largest players in the e-commerce sector. Amazon and eBay have many comparisons, at first in attracting visitors to their site, providing them the ability to browse existing products and make a purchase. The differences between the two companies exists in their business models. Amazon works like a traditional retail store whereas eBay functions other like an auction house.
Amazon depend on third-party sellers to list their products on the site so that consumers have a large inventory of goods to search through. Also, eBay depend on sellers to list their goods for sale to be auctioned off in a certain time. Amazon is buyer orientated while eBay is seller orientated.
eBay is an auction house and marketplace that basically facilitates the sale of goods between third-party buyers and sellers. Buyers visit the site to search for products they want to buy from big list of individual sellers and then bid on items through individual auctions.
Amazon is an immediate provider of goods, and customers visiting its site view products that Amazon maintains as inventory in its large network of warehouses. Amazon's products are either from their own brand or from third-party sellers, the last of which makes up the bulk of its offerings.
Even though Amazon and eBay are two of the largest players in e-commerce, both have much different business models. Amazon works like a traditional retail store, attracting buyers to its site to purchase its listed inventory, while eBay attracts sellers to list their personal goods, working as an auction house or a garage sale.
As a buyer, depends on what you are seeking to purchase, either Amazon or eBay will be a better fit for your needs. Similarly, as a seller, based on your business model and selling needs, one company will work better for your business goals.
Case Study Questions
1.What type of e-commerce does eBay and Amazon use? (2 marks)
2. What are the similarities of Amazon and eBay e-Market selling? (2 marks)
E-Market place. (2 marks)
5. Express your personal experience with the services of any E-market place. Which one you prefer and why? (2 marks)
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.