For this Discussion Board, you’ll post three things:
(1) Applying the advice from your own list of three DOs and three DON’Ts for building a resume. You can use other advice as well!
(2) And designed to make it easy for the reader to see how your skills and experience are a good match for the job ad you found.
Find a job ad for a job that you feel might be a good match for your interests, skills, and experiences. Take a screenshot of the ad to include with your submission for this assignment.
Not sure where to find a job ad? Check out open jobs on the FIU Career and Talent (Links to an external site.) webpage. Interested or curious about non-profit jobs? Check out Idealist.org.
Using the advice from your own Resume Do’s and Don'ts from your own (or someone else’s) Planning Your Resume post (Week 7 Discussion Board), write your complete and polished resume.
Advice for people who already have a resume: Don't just drag out the old version and make minor changes. Because while doing so might save you time and intellectual effort on this assignment, it won't help you to think deeply about your choices. A resume is a living document that should be deeply revised — not just when you add a job or academic degree but whenever you learn new and better ways to present yourself. Don't miss this opportunity.
Step 3. Using the advice from your Recommended Cover Letter Resources Guide from last week’s assignment, write a cover letter that assembles and explains your skills, experiences, attributes, and interests in such a way that they tell the reader a story of how well matched you are for the job posted in the ad you found. This is harder than it might sound. Allow yourself at least two hours to work on the letter.
There is no word count requirement for your initial post or peer responses for this Week 8 Discussion Board post.
Always read the point distribution and word count specification (if there is one) for discussion board posts — this distribution may be different for later Discussion Board posts assignments.
Search entries or author Filter replies by unreadUnread Collapse replies Expand replies Subscribe ReplyReply to Your Job Ad, Resume, and Cover Letter Discussion Board
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.